Rodent Pest Control
All rodents leave telltale signs that they have been in your house, and it’s not always easy to just "shoo" them away. They will come back. That's why it's so important to have some type of rodent extermination plan in place. Here are some signs you may have an infestation:
- Droppings: The biggest sign of mice, rat or other rodent infestation would be the droppings they leave behind. This happens mostly around food and especially your pet’s food. You may also see rat and mouse droppings under sinks, in cabinets, in your attic and in your basement. Storage boxes, especially with clothing and papers, will be another area you may find droppings.
- Nests: Just like with droppings, you may find mouse or rat nests in your home. These areas are more likely to be warm, and close to food and water sources. Storage areas may be a target for nests because of clothing or papers that rodents look for.
- Damaged Food Containers: If you find that food boxes in your pantry have been nibbled, or torn into, then you may have rodent issues. If it looks like there are droppings there too, time to give us a call.
Dangers Of An Infestation
Critters in your home are not only a nuisance, but they could also pose health concerns for your family.
- Allergic Reactions: Rodent droppings can cause allergic reactions for you and your family.
- Disease: Lethal diseases like the Hantavirus can be carried in droppings. There is also a potential of droppings or saliva contaminating your food, since some mice and rats carry Salmonella and other bacteria.
- Damage: Since rodents’ teeth are always growing, they tend to gnaw on areas of your home, deck, furniture in order to keep their teeth short. This leads to damage of wood, wiring, and insulation in and around your home.
If you feel that you may have mice, rats, or other rodents we’ll come and assess where they are, and help you decide the best course of action to get rid of them.
Protecting Your Family, Your Health, Your Home.
The Home Pest Difference
Join Our Team
We are locally owned and have been serving South Carolinians for over 55 years. We’ve been here for you,