To our valued Home Pest Control Customers:
As an Essential Service provider, Home Pest Control’s mission of “Protecting What Matters - your family, your health, and your home” has never been more important than during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Home Pest Control remains dedicated to keeping South Carolina homes and businesses pest-free while keeping public safety a top priority. As we continue exercising an abundance of caution in order to care for our employees, customers and vendors, we would like to ensure you that we are following all public health guidelines and the latest recommendations from the CDC.
Our team is educated on the best practices and preventative steps that can be taken to reduce exposure to the virus, including specific requirements that if employees are feeling unwell, they are not to report to work. We ask that our customers take the same considerations to prevent possible exposure to our staff.
WHEN WE SERVICE YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS:
- We will reduce unnecessary direct and/or indirect customer contact, including shaking hands.
- At NO additional cost to our customers, while the threat of COVID-19 remains high, we will enhance the exterior portions of our general pest control services by performing more concentrated exterior services and reducing our interior presence where possible.
- During this time, interior services will be by request only. Interior service will not be performed at any home or business where occupants are sick. We ask that you please be considerate of the health and well-being of our team members at this time. We thank you for your understanding. When interior service is being performed, we ask that customers exit the home when our technicians enter. Customers may reenter the home when the technician has completed the interior service.
We will continue to provide all other exterior services as we normally would. These services include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Monitoring termite baiting systems
- Installing termite baiting systems and performing traditional termite treatments
- Servicing rodent control devices as part of a rodent control program
- Providing mosquito control services
- Installing moisture barriers
If you have questions or concerns regarding your specific services, don’t hesitate to contact us at (803) 794-7378.
WHAT HOME PEST CONTROL IS DOING:
- Monitoring and incorporating the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) into our current business practices.
- Educating our team members on preventative steps that can be taken to reduce exposure to the virus including:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Staying home when sick.
- Covering coughs or sneezes, preferably with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wearing masks as a precaution to prevent potential exposure.
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Requiring employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4°F or greater), signs of a fever, and any other acute symptoms for at least 24 hours.
- Performing routine environmental cleaning of our office and workspaces.
WHAT HOME PEST IS ASKING OF YOU:
- Observing a 14-day period if you have traveled by cruise ship or outside the U.S. before allowing our team members to come inside your home or business.
- Notifying our office if you or any occupant of your home or business has displayed signs or symptoms of acute respiratory illness including fever (100.4°F or greater), signs of a fever, and/or any other acute symptoms; in this scenario, interior services will not be performed.
- Practicing the same preventative steps outlined above to help reduce exposure to the virus and other germs.
As the seriousness of this virus increases, the Home Pest Control team will continue to monitor the public health situation and update our practices as needed for the protection of our employees and our community.
We appreciate your trust in us and thank you for your understanding and commitment to the health and well-being of all during this time.
Finally, our hearts go out to all those affected by Coronavirus. Please check back for regular updates from us as we navigate this evolving situation. Thank you for being a part of our Home Pest Control family.