Rodent Infestation Control Services
Mice and Rat, Rodent Infestation Control Services Columbia, Lexington, Charleston and Summerville and surrounding areas
Do you suspect you have a rodent, mice or rat infestation? Have you seen droppings on the floor, especially near your pet’s food or in your pantry? Have you heard rustling sounds at night that you’re not sure what they are?
We’re not trying to scare you, but mice and rats can turn up in any home or business in the Columbia Midlands or Charleston Lowcountry of South Carolina. And when you see one, there are usually more that you don’t see. Home Pest Control can help you get rid of rodents once and for all.
Signs of Rodent Infestation
Mice, rats, and other rodents all leave telltale signs that they have been in your house, and it’s not always easy to just shoo them away. They will come back. Here are some signs that you may have a rodent infestation:
- Rodent Droppings: The biggest sign of mice, rat or other rodent infestation would be the droppings that they leave behind. This happens mostly around food and especially your pet’s food. You may also see rat and mouse droppings under sinks, in cabinets, in your attic and in your basement. Storage boxes, especially with clothing and papers, will be another area you may find rodent droppings.
- Rodent Nests: Just like with rodent droppings, you may find mouse or rat nests in your home. These areas are more like to be warm, and close to food and water sources. Storage areas may be a target for rodent nests because of clothing or papers that rodents look for.
- Damaged Food Containers: If you find that food boxes in your pantry have been nibbled, or torn into, then you may have rodent issues. If it looks like there are rodent droppings there too, time to give us a call.
Dangers of Rodent Infestations
Mice, rats, and other rodents in your home are not only a nuisance, but they could also pose health concerns for your family.
- Allergic Reactions: Rodent droppings can cause allergic reactions for you and your family.
- Disease: Lethal diseases like the Hantavirus can be carried in rodent droppings. There is also a potential of rodent droppings or saliva contaminating your food, since some mice and rats carry Salmonella and other bacteria.
- Damage: Since rodents’ teeth are always growing, they tend to gnaw on areas of your home, deck, furniture in order to keep their teeth short. This leads to damage of wood, wiring, and insulation in and around your home.
If you feel that you may have mice, rats, or other rodents we’ll come and assess where they are, and help you decide the best course of action to get rid of them.
Give us a call in Columbia and the Midlands at 803-794-7378 (PEST) or Charleston and the Lowcountry at 843-881-3636 to schedule a rodent inspection today.