Mosquito Control: Indoor, Outdoor Yard Spray
How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes
During the warmer summer months, mosquitoes can add a dash of misery to the pleasure of being outdoors. They love to show up at picnics, backyard barbecues, or most any place that we like to be outside. The tips provided here can help you enjoy the summer without the pesky insects. Here is how you can get rid of mosquitoes:
- Remove any standing water. Remove any object that can catch rainwater, including empty buckets, plastic containers, pot holes, etc.
- Replace the water in your birdbath or water garden frequently. While these lawn and garden fixtures provide pleasure for you and your feathered friends, they also can be a haven for mosquitoes.
- Turn unused wheelbarrows upside down.
- Boats need to be covered with a tarp when not in use. Small boats can simply be turned upside down.
- Clogged gutters are another popular breeding ground for mosquitoes. Keep them clean and ensure that all rainwater drains away easily.
- Low areas in your lawn can catch rainwater and create a temporary “pond”. Fill in
these low spots if you can.
- Drill drainage holes in the bottom of your outdoor garbage containers to allow any water to drain away.
- Adult mosquitoes like to have some shade during hot days. Remove weeds from your lawn and the surrounding area and don’t allow your grass to get too high.
- Early morning and dusk are the times of day when mosquitoes are most active so take extra precautions during these times.
Kill Mosquitoes Indoors & Outdoors with Home Pest Control
Mosquitoes can quickly ruin a great day by the pool, on the patio, or the lawn. Stay in charge both indoors and outdoors with Home Pest Control! Our Mosquito Treatment and Control program is safe, effective and affordable. Call Home Pest Control today and get rid of mosquitoes in no time!